Today we wanted to do something a little different than our normal weekly blog post. Instead of producing something new, we wanted to reflect on the year we’ve already had here at CrossFit Lobo.
We didn’t realize it until we started to review everything that happened over the year, but our gym has seen a lot of growth and changes in this year alone! It makes us proud of our coaches, our members, and everything we have done together as a community.
Here are some of our top moments this year!
- Rebrand: This year we rebranded and updated our logo. In March, we were open for five years, and even more excitingly, we signed on for another five years! We figured it was time for our logo to match the feel of our brand, community, and the evolution we have gone through over the past few years.
- Renovations: We made some big renovations to our lobby and underutilized spaces. We created a hang out area in the lobby, a new front desk, a consultation area for prospective members, and we also built out an area exclusively dedicated to our Lobo kids!
- Continuing Education for Coaches: This year we introduced a continuing education stipend for our coaches to facilitate their continual growth and ultimately provide our members with the most current and in-depth knowledge base from the fitness industry leaders. This year alone, we have had coaches achieve certifications in weightlifting, mobility, and nutrition. Next time you see a coach, pick his/her brain on what they’ve learned this year!
- New Work Out Options: We rolled out additional work out tracks this year, specifically: Progress, Perform, and Accelerate. There have been a multitude of benefits to offering our members these options during class hours. However, the biggest impact from this change was that all our of members felt comfortable and confident to pursue their own personalized fitness journey, from beginners to veterans and everyone in between.
- Open 365 Days: 2019 is the first year we will have been open 365 days! We are thrilled to have been able to offer our members daily workouts without break. One class we introduced this year is Train with the Trainer, which we offer on Saturdays at 8:00 am and Sundays at 2:00 pm. It is very similar to a normal CrossFit class; however, the coach works out with the rest of the class in these sessions and the WODs can get pretty intense. Turns out, people have loved this class the most!
- Competing & Community Representation: We had more members this year than ever compete in local competitions, whether they were CrossFit Lobo competitions or public ones. The reason why this makes our top 9 moments is because as our community continues to evolve, our members get more courageous and more focused on their health and fitness journeys! We love seeing our members step outside their comfort zones and push their physical limits and their mental ones as well!
- Coach Bianca: Yes, Coach Bianca makes the top 9 moments for 2019 at CrossFit Lobo, and if you’ve been at the gym, you know why! 2019 was the first year we began offering one-on-one, personalized nutrition coaching, and that has been 100% led by Bianca. Additionally, she became Lobo’s General Manager, and she has been running the show ever since! Having another full-time staff member, outside of the owners, has allowed CrossFit Lobo to flourish this year, and we are so excited for the future under her guidance and leadership!
- Open Intramurals: This year we decided to try out an Intramural format for the 2020 Open, and the only question we had was, “Why didn’t we do this sooner??” For the first time ever, the Open brought our community closer than it had ever been, encouraging everyone to hit PRs and cheer each other on in a positive environment. This year, we finally figured out how to make the Open our own, and we already look forward to the Open season next year!
- Men of Lobo Calendar: We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the 2020 Calendar we randomly put together with a bunch of overly enthusiastic men from CrossFit Lobo. The reason why is because… we had a lot of fun doing it! Isn’t that the point of what we do? It didn’t serve some big, lofty purpose, and it was a fun, creative project for everyone who was involved. The truth is that we wouldn’t have been able to do this as a gym if we had other stressors at the gym going on at the time. Sometimes, just having the freedom to laugh and have fun with others can be enough of a “point.”
Now it’s your turn to reflect!
Instead of writing resolutions you have for the upcoming year, why not take some time to reflect on what you’ve already accomplished this past year?
What are your proudest moments from your time with us at CrossFit Lobo?
How did you step outside your comfort zone this year?
If you need some inspiration, here’s a cool trick.
Go check out the work outs you’ve logged in Beyond the Whiteboard! When you open up your app, go to “Today’s WODs” at the top, then click the blue down arrow underneath the week. You’ll see the entire calendar for the year as you scroll up, and on any date you made a PR, you’ll see a lightening bolt!
How many PRs did you make this year?
Which ones are you most proud of?
Share with us on Facebook and Instagram your moments from 2019!