New Year Whole30 Challenge Results:
How did our Whole30 challenge go back in January? See for yourself!
Transformation Photos & Testimonials:
From non-scale victories (NSVs) to scale victories, our participants experienced them all. Here are just a handful of things people had to say about the Whole30 challenge:
Thank you for the accountability and support of the group to make it the whole 30 days. I don’t think I would have lasted very long on my own. I lost 7 lbs, 2” off my waist, and 2” off my hips. My pants and bra fit now! – Barbara T.
This diet was not only great for my physique but it has given me knowledge about the food that I put in my body and the way my body reacts to this food. I’ve lost 9 pounds and 2 inches on my waist and I feel amazing, not once during the diet did I felt bloated or had the feeling of not eating enough. – Israel P.
I wouldn’t have been able to do this without my team… These incredible people cheered me on, kept me accountable and celebrated my victories with me… I would recommend it to anyone… The mental changes have been immense. I’ve never been able to say this, but I’m actually looking forward to continuing this journey towards a healthy lifestyle. – Dawn R.
My clothes fit tight, suits and sports coats no longer looked good with the buttons closed, I was a mess… With every passing day… I noticed the change in my body… My clothes fit better every day… I lost 13 lbs, and several inches all over my body… I feel awesome and look forward to continuing my journey. – Mark J.
The first year of CrossFit, I often wondered why I wasn’t losing weight… I just feel generally better: clearer skin, less bloating, less discomfort after eating, less regret (haha!). And I guess the biggest difference, if measurements are important (And who am I kidding? Of course they are!), is that I lost 17 pounds! – Beca G.
Deciding to participate in the Whole 30 diet with the Lobo team was one of the best decisions I have made health wise… My running stamina improved immensely… I am now down over 62 pounds since starting my journey. – Joe S.
Whole30 was the reset button I have needed for so long… I believe that being on Whole30 has help to reset my hormone levels after being on birth control for the last couple of years. – Brenda M.
Check out our team and individual winners from the Whole30 Challenge:
Beca, Dani, and Mark (not shown) won for the team that earned the most points throughout the challenge. Points were earned for sticking to Whole30, demonstrating a healthy lifestyle in other arenas (sleep, water consumption), posting on social media, and doing extra work outs with their team. Great job team!!
Gwen won the individual award for the challenge. She was chosen based on improvement in body composition and also her performance in a baseline work out. She had the highest improvement of anyone at CrossFit Lobo, completing 4.6 more rounds of the work out! Great job Gwen!!
Upcoming Whole30 Challenge Details:
- What Makes It a Challenge? The Whole30 challenge will featuring teams of 3 competing against each other for a grand prize! Your team will help to keep you accountable during the 30 days. For the individual who has made the most progress in the baseline WOD and overall composition, they will also receive a prize.
- Registration: Registration opens Wednesday, August 1st and will end Friday, August 24th. The more sign-up’s we have, the more teams we will have competing! And the better the prizes will be 🙂
- Info Session: 11:00 am on Saturday, August 25th. We will discuss Whole30, how to score points for the challenge, breakdown of teams, prizes available, and take everyone’s “before” measurements.
- Whole30 Challenge dates: Monday, August 27 (12:00 am) – Wednesday, September 26 (12:00 am)
- Winner and Prize Announcement: after the WOD on Saturday, September 29
- What’s Included:
- Whole30 packet to get you started
- Emails to keep you motivated
- Coaching and support available during the 30 days
- Closed Facebook group providing encouragement and tips
- Prizes for the winning team
- Weekly food log review (using myfitnesspal app)
- Cost: $35/person
- Requirements to Participate (+10 points each):
- Baseline WOD: Complete baseline WOD at the start and end of Whole30 (will be programmed into that day’s WOD)
- Body Measurements: Get measurements taken with a coach before and after. This only counts if both before AND after measurements are taken!
- Before measurements will be taken after info session on Saturday, August 25th.
- After measurements will be taken Tuesday afternoon, September 25th.
- Record Weight: Get weight recorded with a coach before and after on gym’s scale
- Per Whole30 rules, do NOT weigh yourself throughout the duration of Whole30! We are not here to get obsessed with numbers. Only before and after measurements will be taken.
- Transformation Photos: Take before and after photos (these will not be published or shared without your consent!). This only counts if both before AND after photos are taken!
- 3 points: Perfect day of Whole30 – no cheats. The clouds parted, sun shined on your plate of zoodles, and you PR’d everything that day.
- 1 point: 90% Whole30 / small cheat (non-Whole30 snack or condiment, non-Whole30 non-alcoholic beverage)
- 0 points: Anything less than 90% Whole30 (cheat meal, cheat day, alcoholic beverages, or desserts).
- Extra Points (for you nerds out there). These can be achieved only once a day per person (unless specified):
- Completing a class at CrossFit Lobo & logging it in Beyond the Whiteboard: +2 points
- Exercise outside the gym for at least 30 minutes: +1 point
- Complete a Weekly Team WOD with your team: +4 points per person
- Weekly WODs will be provided at the start of the week
- All team members must be present
- 7+ hours of uninterrupted sleep: +1 point
- Half your bodyweight (in oz) of water: +1 point
- 10 minutes of ROMWOD: +1 point
- Posting a recipe or note of encouragement on Facebook group: +1 point (max once a day)
- Additional points will be factored in at the end of the 30 days for improvements in the baseline WOD and overall composition.
Want to Learn More about Whole30 & What It Is?
Have questions? Ask us next time you’re in the gym! We have probably heard it before. 🙂